This Terms & Conditions (TOC) agreement is an agreement between Adept Repair & IT Services ("Adept", "us", "we", "our", "company", "employees") and you ("Customer", "Client", "you", "your", "they"). Use of any of our services constitutes your acceptance and agreement to this TOC document. By requesting, ordering or otherwise permitting us to supply goods to or perform services for you, you hereby accept irrevocably and unconditionally our TOC without derogation or qualification.
Adept reserves the right to terminate this TOC for any reason or no reason. Adept reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.
Repair of goods can sometimes result in loss of data, it is the customer's responsibility to have a recent backup of any data. Adept Repair & IT Services do not accept liability for any data lost.
Business Hours, Availability and Services:
We generally provide services between 9.30am and 6.30pm Monday - Friday. However, we reserve the right to amend those hours, without any prior notice, unless directly prohibited by prior contract with a third party. We don't make any guarantee as to the time frame of services provided, unless expressed directly in a written contract between us and the party to which such services shall be provided. Availability of services may depend upon the availability of services and parts that we obtain from third parties, and we shall not be held liable for delays in any products or services caused by shortages or delays from any such third party, although reasonable efforts shall be made to ensure the efficient delivery of products and services.
Repair Completion Time:
Completion of repairs will vary, but we will always try to have a 1-3 day turn-around.
This DOES NOT include if special order parts are required, delays in shipping, transport OR weekends and holidays.
Note that our intention is to always book your service in the quickest possible time that suits your needs, but there may be unanticipated events that hinder our technicians arriving at your location on time or if at all (e.g. weather, traffic, etc.). If our technician is late or cannot make your appointment for any unforseen circumstance, we will endeavour to rebook your service to the best possible time available.
Same day bookings are subject to availability and workload and is not guaranteed.
Services and Quotations:
- Any verbal quote given by us during a booking over the phone or by email is given as a guide based on the limited information given by a customer. This is an estimate of the price and not an assurance that the product or service will be sold at that price.
- Adept will attempt to provide all possible price options prior to arrival based on the information provided by the customer.
- Any piece of advertising material stating a fixed price for a product or service is valid only for the period stated on the advertising material.
- Any price quoted on the website is subject to change without notice.
- A hardware deposit may be required before ordering any parts or components that are needed to repair your device.
Adept reserve the right to subcontract with other service providers for the services required.
We will in no way be liable to the customer or any third party for any accidental, consequential or indirect damage resulting from the provision of the service. This includes but is not limited to:
- Damage to hardware
- Corruption or damage to software
- Data loss or data corruption
- Any damages relating to downtime, interruption of business services, loss of profit or damages to goodwill.
Diagnostics is included at no charge, with the authorized complete service of the device.
After diagnostics, a technician will notify the customer with an estimate for repair. Note that if the customer chooses to have our technician service the computer, the diagnostics fee will be waived or credited towards the complete service.
If the customer declines servicing, or not reasonable to repair, diagnostics fee below applies:
- Diagnostics Fee: £20
Rates and Minimum Charges
Our rates are charged using either of two formats for services provided - hourly rates which carries a minimum fee and flat rate. All rates charged are the same for residential and business - except when outside our service area which may carry a travel fee. We are not VAT registered and as such our charges do not include VAT.
Services are billed as stated on the service order, invoice or receipt. Some services are charged on an hourly basis while some services (listed or not) on our website may be charged a fixed fee. Our hourly rate is £40 for the first hour, £20 half hourly afterwards for most on-site services. Services in-house are provided at a fixed fee agreed by you upon diagnostics of the item. A minimum of 1 hour is charged for all on-site support (including appointments that you miss or same-day cancellations). We reserve the right to charge extra for emergency, out of hours service.
Listed pricing does not include extensive data services such as recovery, parts, materials or shipping of parts if needed, nor travel fees, if any.
Software used during repair(s)
We may install any program(s) required to assist with the troubleshooting or repair of your computer. Some programs do not work on all computer systems. If we install a program for you and you have problems with it, we will uninstall it at no additional charge, but will not give continued support on the product if you choose to keep it. Regular repair and support rates will apply.
If the requested repairs require labour and/or parts not specified prior to the repair due to unforeseen circumstances out of our control, we will seek your approval to revise the estimate. If you do not agree with the revised charges, we may return your product to you and hold you responsible for the diagnostic fee of £20.
Adept will not browse through your hard drive looking at your data. However, we may inadvertently see data during the course of the work. (Data Backup/Recovery for example) Please remove any personal or private files you do not want others to see. Adept respects the privacy of its customers and will not disclose any information to a third party unless permission is given or where we are obligated to by law.
All Remote Support services must be paid for before a session is established and services are performed. We disconnect after your session and we will no longer have access to your machine unless otherwise arranged.
Accepted forms of Payment
We accept the following forms of payment:
- Bank Transfer (BACS)
BACKUP YOUR DATA
IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO BACK UP IMPORTANT DATA THAT IS STORED ON YOUR COMPUTERS HARD DRIVE(S) TO ANY STORAGE DEVICE YOU MAY HAVE PRIOR TO BRINGING IN YOUR DEVICE OR THE ARRIVAL OF OUR TECHNICIAN TO YOUR HOME OR BUSINESS. WE SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE AT ANY TIME FOR ANY LOSS, ALTERATION OR CORRUPTION OF ANY SOFTWARE, DATA OR FILES.
Adept does not guarantee the security or safety of your data. While we take every precaution possible to make sure the integrity of your data is unaffected, we cannot assume liability for any lost data as a result of services performed.
If we are aware that a procedure may result in loss of data, we will inform you of the possibility, what data may be affected, and will offer to back your data up at an additional cost. However, due to the complex nature of electronic devices, we cannot in advance predict what may happen to your data in every situation. We strongly encourage you to back up any important files and documents before you bring your device in for service or prior to the arrival of our technician.
For on-site services, you agree to provide full access to your computer system/s, it's peripheral/s or network equipment that is to be serviced and that power, network connectivity and a safe climate controlled work environment is provided along with full co-operation and access to enter your home or business to perform services.
By accepting these terms, you hereby grant us the right to connect to your computer, download, install and use software on your computer to gather system data, repair your computer, take control of your computer and change the settings on your computer while performing the services.
All services must be paid in full before your property leaves us or prior to technician's departure from your location.
Due to storage restrictions, we will store your property up to 30 days from the date we contact you to pick up your property or after our first initial attempt at delivering your property. After that time, if we have not heard from you, we will consider your property abandoned and you agree that ownership of the property will be transferred to Adept Repair & IT services. We cannot guarantee that your property will not be discarded after the initial 30 day period, so it is critical that you pick up your property on time or make arrangements with us to store your property until you can pick it up. Adept reserves its statutory and any other lawful liens for unpaid charges.
All payment for unpaid parts, labour, repairs, services is due upon completion of work. This includes work that is covered by insurance. Unless prior arrangements have been made with your insurance provider, you are solely responsible for remitting payment to us. You are also solely responsible for any and all communications with your insurance provider.
You affirm, that you are aware that authorizing us to work on your computer may void the manufacturers warranty, if any. In addition, while every effort will be made by us to be aware of warranty conditions, you are solely responsible for knowing and understanding what is covered, or not covered by any manufacture warranty on your computer. Parts and labour on a system that is later discovered to have been covered by a manufacturers warranty is non-refundable.
Cancellations, No Shows & Late Appointments
To cancel your service request, you must contact us on 07791545145 at least 2 hours prior to the scheduled service. Cancellations that do not occur within this time frame may result in a cancellation fee up to the cost of the service. If customer is not at home or business at the time of the appointment, a no show fee equal to 1 hour labour applies. If customer is running late, be aware that time starts when our technician arrives on location. Fees are at the technician's discretion.
- Company will not be responsible to the client or any third party for any breach of any software licence in respect of software provided to Adept by the client to be installed on a clients computer.
- The client warrants that s/he has a valid licence in respect of such software and shall indemnify Adept against any loss, damage, costs, harm or other expense whatsoever arising either directly or indirectly as a result of us installing software at the request of the client.
All services performed by Adept Repair & IT Services, either in our facility or on-site (except those listed in the warranty exclusions section, below), using parts purchased by us, to fix a specific symptom or device issue is guaranteed for 2 months from the date of the service. If multiple issues or symptoms are addressed by a repair, all are covered collectively by the 2 month guarantee period. The guarantee does not cover issues that may develop within the guarantee period that are not related to services performed or to the original issue or symptom diagnosed and repaired.
All parts obtained by Adept Repair & IT Services for service on your device are guaranteed for 2 months from the time of installation, and are covered under warranty. Parts purchased for a repair cannot be refunded, upgraded, or returned for credit. Parts are not guaranteed to be new unless explicitly stated. While we prefer using new parts as often as possible, often only used or refurbished parts are available. Used and refurbished parts are still covered under the 2 month warranty.
iPhones and iPads are warrantied for 12 months from the date of repair on the invoice and the same terms apply as above with this modified term of warranty coverage and are subject to the same warranty exclusions below.
Money Back Guarantee
Adept Repair & IT Services offer a money back guarantee within 2 months of a repair if you are completely dissatisfied that we can resolve your issue. You agree to allow us to correct any services provided before a full refund will be offered.
We do not offer warranties or guarantees, explicit or implicit, on any of the following:
- Any service using parts not purchased through Adept Repair & IT Services
- Any software issues, including virus removal
- New symptoms/issues not directly tied to the original service within the 2 month guarantee period
- Installing new hardware or modifying existing hardware in the 2 month guarantee period by client or other 3rd party voids the warranty
- Recurrence of original symptoms or issues caused by user error or negligence in the 2 month guarantee period, including but not limited to physical damage (drops, crushing, exposure to temperature extremes), liquid damage (spills on and liquid immersion of the device), electrical damage (improper grounding, contact with poorly performing or damaged electrical networks), acts of nature, and damage caused through installation or use of harmful software components (viruses, malware, spyware), voids the warranty
NOTE: If your device is physically tampered with or damaged within the warranty period, the warranty is void. This includes but is not limited to cracked screens, dents to the casing, internal damage not present at time of original repair, attempts to open or modify the device, or any other action, accidental or intentional, that could cause our repair to fail.
No Fix No Fee Policy
Our "No Fix, No Fee" policy means that if we cannot provide a solution to the problem, then the customer will not be charged for our services. In some cases, the solution may be that you need to upgrade or replace your software or hardware. If we advise you to do so and you choose not to upgrade or replace your software or hardware, you acknowledge that we have met our commitment to you by providing a solution to your problem, whether or not you choose to implement that solution.
The policy also covers the following scenarios:
- We do not support the services that were requested;
- We are unable to provide service due to parts being unavailable;
- We are unable to provide service due to lack of specialist equipment or tools;
- The cost of servicing exceeds a date of written or phone quotation (at present 7 days) and the customer decides not to proceed.
The policy does not apply in the following scenarios:
- The technician is able to resolve the problem or carry out the service, but is prevented from doing so by the customer requesting the technician not to proceed with the work.
- The technician is able to resolve the problem or carry out the service, but is prevented from doing so because the customer does not possess the required software disks, product keys, system passwords or other necessary items which may be required.
- The technician provides a clear and precise diagnosis of a failed component and the customer decides not to proceed with the replacement of the component for any reason.
- A customer has been given a quote, makes an appointment and then cancels after a pickup or during an on-site visit.
- A customer is not present for an on-site callout or pick-up appointment.
- The customer refuses the cost of software/hardware after given the go ahead and the software/hardware was ordered.
In any of the cases above, the customer will be charged a minimum of 1 hour labour (£40). In the event software &/or hardware was ordered, all deposits are forfeited and products will be sold by us to recoup cost.
Our "No Fix, No Fee" only applies to residential customers. It does not apply to business customers.